Saturday, June 30, 2012


You are my favorite part of the morning. 
When I hear you turn towards me 
When my eyes first open and I shake the sleep off
When the sunlight streams in 
When for the quickest second, I’m surprised that you’re right there.
When I once dreaded opening my sleep laden eyelids
I now look forward to it.
To our early morning squinty-eyes
To the not-yet-brushed teeth morning kiss
To the eventual starting of the coffee pot 
To the first sips of coffee you prepare for me
I look forward to it.
To the moments that make the weekend seem that much sweeter
Like discussing our plans for the day
Like deciding we want to do nothing at all
Like taking naps in the middle of the afternoon
Like all the little things we do
That make living together perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment