Monday, July 02, 2012

Currently



Loving: This new blogger's platform. I've been on tumblr for the last 3 years, and it's kinda refreshing to start anew and see where blogspot takes me.  I'm really excited for what the future holds for this little bloggy, and I'm even more excited to cultivate this passion of mine.

Reading: Not much to be honest.  I've just begun to read Assumption by Percival Everett, and I'm going to be very honest and say that I'm about 15 pages in.  It hasn't really strung a cord yet, but I'll continue on and see how it goes.

Watching: Masterchef Australia Season 4. Apparently 60% of the Australian population watches Masterchef the 6 nights of the week it's on.  It's that addicting, and that good.  I also love that it gets me inspired to be in the kitchen and try new recipes.  I find that every Masterchef season, I cultivate my baking skills a little bit more and try a couple of new recipes.  Oh and I'm totally rooting for Ben or Amina to win.  Are you watching? Who do you reckon will take the prize?

Anticipating: Going into work tomorrow. There's a mini dilemma that needs to be taken care of first thing in the morning, and I'm dying to just get it completed, if only to get the nervous jitters out of my system.  Whenever something work related gets brought up once I've left the office, I get pretty jittery about it.  I hate the feeling, but the only solution I know of so far is to just fix the problem the best and quickest I can.  Hopefully tomorrow morning won't be too crazy.

Listening to: Of Monsters and Men. Have you heard about them? They're amazing. Their popularity is slow growing in Australia, but I don't know a single person that has listened to the album and has had one bad thing to say.  Little Talks is my absolute fave track, but everything else on the album is just as good. Do yourself a favor and listen here.

Planning: on baking some banana bread this week! ...or maybe banana muffins. I still need to find a good recipe and allocate sometime after work to do it.  I haven't baked in a while so it should be fun.

Working On: Not being so lazy when I get home.  These last few weeks I've been getting home completely drained and feeling lack luster.  I need to snap out of it! I feel like I could be filling up my time with so many projects/things to do that have fallen by the wayside.  Like my nails! and fixing the art on my walls! and cleaning my dresser out! I've also completely stopped working out. yeeesh!

Wishing: That I was in California.  I've been in a state of homesickness lately and can't stop thinking of my grandmother.  I'm dying to take a trip back home just to visit her.  Thank goodness for the wonders of technology and getting to chat with the family back home.  It makes the distance feel much smaller.

& that's it! Thanks to Megan for the inspiration behind these posts and thanks to Danielle for encouraging me to try one! These currently posts will be a new Monday feature on Praxsmiles.  What are you up to? Feel free to post one of your own and let me know how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. I love Of Monsters and Men! Little Talks is my favorite :) I did a "Currently" post too if you want to check it out :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they amazing? There seriously isn't one song I don't like! I just read your currently post, love that you're going to California! Are you staying in the norcal or socal? Either way, I'm sure it'll be awesome. :]

      Delete
    2. My brother lives a little south of Hollywood. I guess that would be Southern California. I can't wait to not be surrounded by cacti ;) I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oooh! Banana bread! Sounds yummy! I've always wanted to make it, I've just never taken the time. If you find a good recipe, please share!

    http://hellolj.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/hello-current-me-july/

    ReplyDelete