Monday, July 16, 2012

Currently


Loving: That I have a fridge full of groceries. There's this crazy sense of accomplishment I get whenever I pay for a full shopping cart of groceries or the month's rent.  Even after I've lived away from home for over a year now, I still feel lucky that I've never once worried about making sure we had enough food in the fridge or that I couldn't pay for the roof over our head.  In these harsh economic times, I know how blessed I am and I am thankful for this every single day.  Also, the food in the fridge this week looks extra good. We splurged about bought some lamb, I found a new organic breakfast yogurt that I'm really into and TimTams were on sale! 

Reading: I'm still reading Committed. The read isn't as smooth as Eat Pray Love was, and Gilbert's entire first section of the history of marriage is getting a bit (dare I say it??) b o r i n g. I'm struggling to get through the first section even though I find myself agreeing with a lot of what she has to say. I'm determined to get through it though. Stay tuned.

Listening to: Bloc Party. I forgot how much I loved them.  I was absolutely in love with Silent Alarm for yeaaaaars, and being a terrible fan, I never thought to listen to any of their newer stuff.  I found myself thinking of them today and found them on spotify. I'm so sad I've been missing out. EVERYTHING IS LOVE. even the remixes! (well most of em...)

Watching: Miguel play video games. Other than Masterchef and the random show here and there, I haven't been watching much TV lately. Oh wells. 

Anticipating: Splendour on The Grass! I know, I mentioned it last week, but it's only 2 weeks away now! woooooo hooooo! Another thing that's 2 weeks and a bit away is my 3rd year anniversary, but maybe I'll save that for the next post. 

Planning: My trip to The Philippines over Christmas break! Mostly I'm just looking into buying tickets for me and the mister.  We're meeting up with the rest of my family in the Philippines and I am beyond excited. Especially since my time off from work was just approved! 

Working On: Still working on being more organized. These things take more than a week you know! I'm also working on stepping up my cooking skills in the kitchen. I'm getting kind of bored of the 6 meals or so Miguel and I have on rotation.  Time to mix it up!

Wishing: That winter was ending soon.  The weather's been getting much sunnier, but the chill is still around.  I'm a warm weathered girl at heart, and winter is always such a killer for me. 


What are you up to these days? Feel free to share you Currently in the comments below. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment