Monday, July 09, 2012

Currently

Ferries move across the Sydney Harbour

Loving:  pixlr photo editor. Have you heard of it? It's an online photo editor that works similarly to photoshop and is so useful. I find it works best for when you're in a rush and need to quickly edit the odd photo, or if like me, you've changed computers and have lost photoshop because of it. I'm still debating on whether or not to get the latest version, but pixlr is convincing me I don't need it. I'm a fan of it's familiar interface and similar shorthand keys as well as its super beyond easy filter functions. If you don't have access to photoshop, I definitely recommend you try it.

Reading: Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. Yes, the very same Liz Gilbert of Eat Pray Love. This is her follow up novel to that smashing success and picks up right where she left off. I am excited to read about her trip back to the States with her new beau and learn of the adversities they face once they try to start a life together living in the same country with very different citizenships.

Listening to: Spotify playlists of Splendour In The Grass artists. Splendour is happening in just 2 weeks, so I'm trying to get familiar with some of the artists before I see them live. Some artists I'm particularly excited to see are Azaelia Banks, Lady Hawke, The Shins and Bloc Party.

Watching: Survivor Season 24. It's a little known secret that I am a Survivor buff. I've watched every single episode of every single season practically ever since I can remember. I can still remember Elisabeth Hasselbeck before The View gave her fame in the Australian Outback, I can recount just how Boston Rob and Amber fell in love and then won the million...separately and I know that only one person has ever quit in the entire 24 seasons of Survivor. So yes, you can say I'm a fan. Well this fan has been pretty slack lately and I've only just found the time to catch up on the latest season. So I'm spending some time watching what I can when I can. DON'T TELL ME WHO WON!

Anticipating: Christmas time!! Is that silly? Lots of amazing things are in the works for Christmas time this year, and I'm just so excited to see everything pan out. My sister will be visiting from Spain for the entire holiday period and my best friend is potentially coming for New Years. It will be so awesome to share with them what my life is like here on the other side of the world.

Planning: our trip to Splendour. We'll be camping with some friends at a campsite just outside of the Belongil Fields, and since it'll be our first time camping in OZ, we have absolutely no camping gear. ... like none.. at all. So we have a lot to buy, plan and list out. I of course want to buy everything under the sun just in case, but Miguel will probably have a better idea of what necessities we'll really need. 

Working On: Being more organized in work and in my personal life. A little organizational skills never hurt nobody.

Wishing: That plane tickets weren't so expensive. I've got a few little trips in the works between now and Christmas and I know it'll be really draining on my bank account. BUT HEY! You're only young once right? I've got the whole world to see, and I'll be damned if I let money stop me from seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment