Monday, August 06, 2012

Currently


Loving: Miguel. Seriously & truly. We've just celebrated our 3rd year anniversary, and I can't help but look back at the 11 years we've known each other. From those awkward 12 year olds in middle school to grown adults living in a country abroad, it's only gotten better -- especially this last year.  Everyday is full of laughter and love, and I can't ever imagine any of it changing. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have my closest confidant as my truest love.  

Reading: OH MY GAH I just finished one of the best books I've read in a long, long time. Portia de Rossi's Unbearable Lightness was almost too fantastic.  It deals with Portia's struggle with anorexia & bulimia throughout her childhood and early adulthood.  While the topic is a difficult one, I found myself intrigued and interested in Portia's account of her early years, and all I wanted to do was read more.  Every time I put the book down, I wish I hadn't.  During the day I would think about it, and when I got home from work, reading was the first thing I wanted to do.  It's been a while since a book has done that for me.  Portia's tale is a sad one, but ends in the happiest way.  I don't think I can recommend reading this book enough!

Listening To: My Happy Face playlist on Spotify.  It's a playlist I've been slowly curating at work whenever I hear a song come on that makes me smile.  Bands featured on it range from Van She to the Klaxons to Phoenix.  I'm not great at explaining my music so if you're so intrigued give it a listen HERE.
Anticipating: Doing my taxes tomorrow.  It's that time of the year again, folks.  Not much else to say about that, taxes are boring. Tax returns however, are not. ;] 

Planning: My mom's birthday party! I think I was a party planner in my last life.  I really, really enjoy throwing together a party and picking out all the decorations, food and drink for it.  It's a milestone birthday for my mom this year, so I'm putting together some ideas to show her so we can plan it together. Can't wait. 

Working On: Getting used to wearing my glasses. I'm a brand new four eyes! I was getting some really bad migraines at work for the last few months, and I finally realized it was because of straining my eyes.  The eye doctor has since confirmed it, and has prescribed me with my own set of specs.  I'm kind of enjoying the novelty of it now, but I'm really hoping they work and cure me from those intense migraines. 
 
Wishing: that I had better coverage of the Olympics.  My local network has only been showing highlights for the most part, and I have yet to see one stinkin' medal ceremony. siiigghhhh 

and that's it! Have a lovely week folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment