Wednesday, September 05, 2012

The 18th Biennale of Sydney!

Currently Sydney has art instalations in some of it's key locations for the public to view for free! Sydney is such an artistic city, and I love how I've been exposed to so much art in the last 2 years I've been here.  This year is the 18th Biennale of Sydney. I know, I know, I didn't know what a Biennale was either. Apparently, a Biennale is an Italian term that means "every other year" and is usually used to describe an art related event. One of the main locations for the Biennale is Cockatoo Island.  The entire island is filled with different instalations from artists all over the world and is definitely worth a look.  You can even hop on a free ferry from the city which takes you directly to the action.




Creepy floating dresses

Can you read that sign? It's advertising space on Noah's Ark! 



Broken teacups & saucers







No comments:

Post a Comment