Saturday, October 13, 2012

transitions


There's not much muchness happening around these parts lately.  We're in a really weird transition period, that I feel has lasted for ages. You know that feeling of being in between? Not quite finished with one place, but somehow already moved on to the next? That's what this move has felt like for me.  I say "this move" but really I mean the period from August to... right now. When I was made redundant (laid off for you American folks) from my last job, I mostly felt relief. Relief that I could now move forward with my life, and finally begin to pursue my dreams in Australia. So I applied to go back to College to finish my degree in English Literature with the hopes to get back on track to becoming a teacher. After having done that, I contacted my previous temp agency to get back on the books so I can get some work. Immediately after that, we found the perfect apartment, which we soon later moved into. The first three things happened within a week. A week after that, I got a temp job doing admin work. While working, we managed to move from my beloved Newtown to Parramatta, where I am typing from as we speak. September was a flurry. I got it all done, found an apartment, got a job and applied for school. October has been draining and uncomfortable to say the least. I'm waiting to hear from back from school, I don't know when this job will end and where my next will begin, and I spend my time thinking and rethinking ways to make this apartment feel like home.

Don't take this for complaints, I'm not complaining, I promise. I'm just growing, adjusting, learning. For someone who likes to plan in advance, this little phase makes me feel like a fish out of water.  I literally don't know what's going to happen next. Will the Universities accept my application? What kind of jobs can I work if they do? I've only ever worked in office environments, so I'm not even sure if I can work at a restaurant or in retail. I just keep praying though. Hoping and asking for some strength and answers to my never ending questions.  I know in my bones that everything is going to turn out the way it should, but as a planner, I'd really just like to know how things are going to turn out.

Am I crazy? Does any of this make sense? Tell me you've gone through a period similar to this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment