Monday, October 08, 2012

Well hello there! (an overdue update)

Rainbow over Sydney -- the biggest I've ever seen!
It's been nearly a month since my last post, and so much has changed. We're finally settled into our new apartment, I'm back with my temp agency, working in a new role, and I've just applied to go back to University.  Life has definitely moved forward from where I've been in the last 2 years, and I feel that I've just finished a massive growth spurt.

When I was living in the studio, I always felt that it was just a little nod to adulthood, almost like I was teetering between childhood and adulthood and the studio was the safe place between. Now that Miguel and I have "graduated" to a 2 bedder, I feel like I've made the leap into full fledged adulthood. Here I am, in my own fairly large apartment equipped with an office, across the street from a park in the western suburbs, doing all the things my young self hoped I would be doing at this age.  Can I be honest? It's kind of fabulous. I'm diggin' the uncertainty, and enjoying the complete change of pace my life is taking now. Even though money and job woes have been on my mind constantly, as is the case with temp work, I still feel like I'm exactly where I need to be right now, and everything will take care of itself.

Life is pretty swell, and it's nice to say that I've really got nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment