Monday, November 26, 2012

quiet nostalgia

image via

I’ve run up & down those steps a thousand times. In the best times, carrying a Dolores Park bagel, (cream cheese w bacon was HEAVEN!) on my way to drama rehearsal or sneaking out in between periods to meet up with friends at the park across the way. 
Sandwiched between the Mission & the Castro and across the street from one of San Francisco’s premier parks, every day though vaguely similar to the previous, always held some sort of adventure, excitement or at the very least really delicious food. Those days feel like such a world away. In the oddest way Mission High, though you’re ghetto as hell and every day I spent there was a count down to leaving you for good, I still miss you. 

(previously published on my tumblr here)

No comments:

Post a Comment