Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Healthy Habits

image via


This post over on Camille Styles inspired me to think about my own healthy habits and try to add some more to my list.

Here are some things I think I'm doing a pretty good job of so far...

1. Eating In. I think we do a really good job of meal planning and making sure we eat in at least 5 times a week.  This is not only much healthier than eating out, but since we've been tight on money lately, cooking every night has helped us save much more.

2. Being Creative. I've been trying my hardest to make sure I never get bored.  Usually if I find myself feeling idle, I try and do something creative around the house. These tend to include finding inspiration for new projects, redecorating spots around the house or crafting something new.

3. Taking Care of Myself. These are really simple things I like doing that make me feel good. Sometimes I'll do a hot oil treatment on my hair, or give myself a pretty manicure or even take the time to relax in the bath. It's little things like this that make me feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the world.

Now for some things that need working on...

1. Eat Less Meat.  I'm carnivorous at heart. I was brought up this way. If the meal doesn't include some sort of meat in it, it doesn't feel like a complete meal to me. I'm starting to realize though, that meat is not necessary all of the time. I'm sure I can have a few vegetarian meals a week, and with trying to lose weight being one of my priorities, this can only help me out.

2. Worry Less. I'm sure you've noticed in my last few posts that I'm starting to sound like a worry wart. I hate it. Especially since I'm a believer in most if not everything happens for a reason. Whenever I go through something tough, I repeat that phrase over and over again. So if that's my mantra, I need not worry about every little thing. I have to trust that I can and will get through the tough times and come out on the other side even stronger.

3. Be Less Materialistic. I have too much stuff, and yet I still want more. I need to work on understanding that what I have already is enough. I do not need another dress, pair of shoes, or purse. I have what I need, and I need to be happy with that. (I know this habit is going to be tough to break!)

Well there you go, I've laid it all out on the table. Now don't leave me hangin! Are there any habits you're trying to break?

xo,
Praxis

PS I've updated the look of my blog quite a bit! I'd love to know what you guys think! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment