Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Resolution Update

image via
So it's mid February now and a month & a half has passed since we all swore up and down that this year we would really, really I promise this time keep our New Years resolutions.  Well guys, today I'm here to check up on you. How are we doing so far? Have you kept them all? How about one? DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER THEM?! Just kidding guys, I'm not the resolution police, but I do want to keep you a little updated with mine.

After writing this post, I knew it was time to put my money where my mouth was and revise my eating strategy. Honestly it was more like my lack of eating strategy. Prior, the strategy was simple: EAT. I was happy to indulge myself and eat everything under the sun. I wanted to try the yummiest, creamiest, tastiest food all the time, I indulged in ALL my cravings and I snacked like no tomorrow. Mostly I did it with no remorse. Like I've said over and over again here, I'm a lover of food. I'm a carnivore at heart. But deep down, I knew something had to change.

Now I'm not sure if much would've changed had I been trucking along, cruising through life like I was earlier in 2012 with a full time job, no financial worries and no crazy future plans to go back to University. So in some strange way I thank the madness because the madness --those new life changes-- made me broke. Being short on cash forced me to get creative. This especially reigned true with food. We realized that going out for dinner and drinks multiple times a week and eating home cooked meals bulked up with meat, rice and vegetables (mostly out of season) was a way we could no longer live.

So I started to cut down. Goodbye steak & potatoes! Hello gorgeous summer chicken salad! Goodbye sausage rolls! Hello home made hummus dip! With the help of this blog, and research, I started eating properly. I only bought veggies that were in season, I minimized my meat intake, and I cut down portions.  Not only did these things help to save some serious moolah, but they also made me feel good. Along with some exercise, found on Youtube nonetheless, I've managed to drop enough weight for me to blog about it.

In the last month and a half I've lost 10 pounds. While this may not seem like much, it's significant to me. I've never really tried to lose weight before. So this, on my first real attempt, feels amazing.  Guys, I'm not kidding when I say if I can do it, you can do it. Don't forget about those resolutions you made when you were feeling so inspired and motivated for change not that long ago. I encourage you to pick up where you left off; I'm sure we can do this together.

xo,
Praxis

No comments:

Post a Comment