Tuesday, February 26, 2013

an update

first day of school outfit! 
Holy smokes life has gotten crazy lately. Where before my daily responsibilities included browsing the internet for work and making sure I wasn't wearing my pajamas all day, it now includes well nearly everything. ...or it might as well be because HOTDOG (read F-word) I am busy. B.U.S.Y. 

A few weeks ago I was offered a two week contract for the company I was working for right before I left for The Philippines. Two weeks have come and gone, and they've so graciously extended my contract to the end of May. (hoorayyyy!)  I'll be working everyday but Tuesday and going to school full time as well. Having been back at Uni for 2 days now, I can already tell it's going to be a crazy whirlwind. Full time work and full time school is no joke, but I'm so ready and excited for it.  I know that I'll have to really time manage, and work to make sure that I get everything done on time and well. 

In an odd way Macquarie parallels SF State so closely in the size of the campus, the crazy spirit of the mentors, (hello gatoraiders!) the look of the courtyard even down to the mall next door. If I'm not thinking about it, sometimes I forget that I'm not back at state. It's so bizarre  The only real difference I feel is how much older I am now. In class I'm referred to as a "mature age student." Even though this only means a student over 21, the term makes me feel so much older... which I guess I am. But hopefully with age comes wisdom and this time around, I definitely feel more prepared with the responsibilities of being a college kid. 

Still though, I could definitely use your good vibes as I embark on this new chapter of my life. I'm completely responsible for my school, my finances and my future. It's a scary and exciting time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment