Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines Leftovers







It feels like everyone's saying it this year, but this Valentine's Day was really my best one yet!  Unlike the last few years, Miguel & I had a super low key night in, partly because we wanted to save some money and partly because Miguel really wanted to cook me some steak. hah We both spent the day at work. (yup! we're both working again!) but caught the same train back home together.  He surprised me on the train with some gorgeous gerbera daisies. The man knows me well and remembered that I'm not a fan of roses. ;] Before we got home, we stopped by the bottle shop for some red wine to go with the steak Miguel was so excited to cook.  While he was cooking, I was putting the finishing touches on dessert and hanging up the heart garland I made a few days prior. Dinner was really beautiful and we spent the rest of the night talking and talking like we haven't done in a long while. 

It was such a good night and a sweet reminder how good the simple things can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment