Monday, March 25, 2013

Currently

Love this photo of me & my sister taken a couple days ago.

Listening To: John Mayer. If you don't know, John's my end all be all. He's my absolute, number one favorite musician of all time. I've been listening to him since I was 14, and almost 10 years later, I'm still absolutely hooked. Anyways, all this to say that last week he put on a google + hangout and announced his tour! For those that don't know, he's been in and out of surgery for his throat over the last couple years and hasn't been able to speak much less sing of the majority of the time. So announcing this tour is BIG. Sadly, it looks like he's not coming down under, but he has a TON of US dates so I'd def check em out if you're a fan. :]

Reading: Text books. It's all I read and all I have time to read these days. Theories, best practice and history are taking up my time, even though I'm dying to finish (and start) a couple recreational books.

Planning: To get back into healthy eating.  I've slipped a bit since I've been back at work. The foodcourt is just so tempting!! But I'm making it my April goal to eat veggie based/veggie heavy meals for every weekday lunch. I also need to slow down on my carb intake. woah man do I love me some bread.

Watching: a lot of documentaries. In the couple weeks I've watched: Soundcity, Searching for Sugarman, Annie Leibovitz - Behind the Lens, and a short piece on The Solton Sea. If I were to reccommend one, it would definitely be Searching for Sugarman.  It won best documentary at the Oscars this year, and after watching it, you'll know exactly why.  The storytelling and cinemotography are fantastic, and the music featured is so good. Miguel has been listening to Rodriguez's albums on repeat.

Thinking About: The week ahead! I've got a double date with my sister & her man this Tuesday, then my cousin flies in from The Philippines this Thursday, a picnic on Friday and another on Easter Sunday. Plus it's my last week of work before my month long break.  It's going to be hectic, but incredibly fun. 
 
Making Me Happy: lots of things... good music, quality time with Miguel, hanging out with my family, hot cross buns, easter eggs, triple j mornings, afternoon coffee pick me ups, staying on task, 8 hours of sleep and The Shaytards.

& that's it. Hope your week ahead is full of only awesome things!

xo,
praxis

 Follow me on bloglovin'!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment