Tuesday, March 19, 2013

On Keeping Up...

image via

So I'm 4 weeks into the semester, and everything is moving full steam ahead. I'm managing to stay on top of school work, and I feel really productive during class. The teachers and class discussions inspire me to no end, and I feel like I'm studying exactly what I need to. School life is pretty great... but what about everything else?

Truthfully? I feel like I'm sinking.

I'm working at a job that requires me to get up every day at 5 am. My shift goes from 7-3, but I'm not actually back home til about 5 pm. By then, I'm exhausted. As soon as I get home, I start prep for dinner, and an hour later Miguel gets in. We swap cooking days, so I only cook every other day, but sometimes I dread having to cook. Where I used to thoroughly enjoy it, now I feel like I don't have the energy to turn on the stove. It's ridiculous. I think about ordering pizza every.single.day. Other things seem to be falling by the wayside too... things like housework, but I won't bore you with those details.  I then manage to find sometime in the evening to get my readings/homework done, and by 9 pm it's off to bed to do it all over again.

It feels great to be excelling at school, but I'm having a hard time understanding how to balance everything out. My days feel long, and I don't want to feel constantly tired like I do now. It's only the 4th week, and if I keep this up, I'll be completely depleted by the end of the semester.

Please don't take this like I'm complaining; I promise I'm not. I just need a better solution to managing my days.

So I'm asking for help. What can I change? What would you, dear reader, (are there any of you?) do in my situation?  Or should I just pop a vitamin pill and just (WO)MAN UP.


1 comment:

  1. Keep calm...
    Take a deep breath...
    Yell out "Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete