Saturday, April 06, 2013

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.


So I know the Easter holidays are over, and most of us are chocolate overloaded, but for the select few that aren't, (like me!)I thought I'd share this cookie recipe with you.  I've tried many a cookie recipe over the last couple years, but this hands down is my fave. I've adapted it from here

Ingredients: 
125g butter
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup caster sugar 
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 egg
1½ cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used a mix of dark, milk & white chips) 
Caramel Spread (optional & quantity at your discretion)

First thing's first, preheat your oven to 160 C. 

Chop up your chocolate bar into chunks until its about the size of chocolate chips.  I used a mix of white, dark and milk because that's what I had in my pantry. Plus the flavor combo was really nice. 


Cream your butter & sugars until fluffy. After that, add the vanilla and eggs to the bowl and whisk it all together. 

Then add the flour and baking powder mixture in thirds. Incorporating it into the creamy mixture as you go. Do this until the entire dry mixture is combined. 

Add the chocolate chips. 



Drop teaspoon sized portions of the dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.  I like to flatten out the dough with my hands a bit because I enjoy my cookies a little bit on the thinner side.  Make sure to keep the cookies an inch or so apart so they don't melt into each other when they're baking. Once you've lined up the cookies, get a teaspoon and drop a small dollop of caramel spread on top of each cookie. (This is totally optional, but makes all the difference!) 



Place them in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.  You'll know they're done when the bottoms are still soft, but they don't break apart on the spatula.  They should be able to completely retain their shape. 

Place em on a cookie rack to cool for a couple minutes, while you anxiously wait to gobble one down. 


These guys are not too sweet despite having a full cup of chocolate chips in them.  I definitely recommend using a mix of chips if possible or all dark chocolate because the caramel spread is very sweet. I think walnuts or pecans would be a good addition to these as well if you're after an extra crunch. 

These cookies are super versatile and as long as you stick to the basic dough recipe, I'm sure you could put pretty much anything in them. 

Anyways, be sure to let me know if you try these out!

xo, 
Praxis 

Follow me on bloglovin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment