Wednesday, May 08, 2013

M A Y !

It's May! Hello Spring! Hello wedding season! Hello my birthday! Oh wait just kidding, we're heading into winter on this side of the world, and I haven't been invited to any weddings... BUT I did celebrate my 24th last weekend! I can easily say that it was the best birthday I've had since I moved here 4 birthdays ago. There was lots of food, lots of dancing, good conversation, copious amounts of booze and heavy hangovers all weekend long. 2 hangovers in 2 days ... pretty massive.

But now that that's all over, I'm looking forward to what the second half of the year will bring. I seriously can't believe this year is nearly half done. CRAY! This month I've got a couple major things I will be focusing on-- moving into yet another new apartment (!) and studying to take my permit test. Yup, this girl is ready to take on the wide, open road. Well maybe not so wide and open as of yet... maybe more closed and parking lot looking, but hey first steps right? The goal is to finish the month having completely studied for and taken the learners license test. With the last few weeks of uni and exams coming up, plus being back on the 7-3 work shift, plus spending my weekends house hunting, it's going to be tough, but I know I can do it.
I'm putting it out here to hold myself accountable.  So I'll definitely keep you guys updated.

So about moving... the four of us, as in Miguel, my sister, her boyfriend and me are all moving into a 2 bedroom home somewhere close to the city by the end of the month. I'm super excited to be living with other people and seeing what that vibe is like.  Not only will it be significantly cheaper to live with housemates, it'll also *hopefully* be significantly funner.  I'm definitely ready to see what this new home dynamic will be.

So there ya go, horray for May and new life changes! Doesn't it feel like my life's always in some process? crazy.

xo,
praxis


 Follow me on bloglovin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment