Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy birthday, bloggy!

image via
It's been a year since I've started Praxsmiles, and I can't believe how much has happened.  I thought I'd do a quick post roundup of the most popular posts plus some of my faves, and then let you know what I have planned for the year ahead. 

This year in blogging was uncomfortable and boundary pushing to say the least. I did my best to focus more on events, places and newsworthy things in order to stay away from being so personal. In truth it was a total bust, but I learned a lot along the way and still managed to put up some pieces I'm truly proud of.

Remember when I was a part of the largest parade in Australia? I also stopped to soak in some serious aussie sunshine, and spent the Christmas holidays in the Philippines. Plus I reflected on cultural identity and lamented the importance of date night.

Early on Sydney Spotlight was born, and then put on an indefinite hiatus which made me realize that I needed to get back to my roots, and "slow blog."

It's been a crazy ride, but I finally feel I'm getting back to my old blogging self.  I have a lot planned for the future of this blog, including two things I'm really excited to be sharing.

Firstly, two days ago, I started a 5 week challenge to get my body in the best shape I've been in in years.  I'm hoping to do a weekly update and share what my experiences have been like.  I've never done anything like this before, so it will be interesting to see my results.

& Secondly, I'm bringing back Sydney Spotlight! The few posts I did were really fun and forced me to get out of my comfort zone. (I get uncomfortable taking photos of stuff at restaurants!) I won't be posting them weekly like my original intention, but I will be hauling my camera around again, and posting whenever I do go to an exceptional place.

So that's that! I'm excited!
Hope you are too. Oh, and if you've managed to find my blog in someway or another, thanks so much for reading and sticking around. I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. i loved sydney spotlight! yay for bringing back!

    also, i totally get you on feeling uncomfortable taking pictures at restaurants. i also get really uncomfortable taking photos in public period. im working on that! slowly. very slowly. lol.

    congrats on your anni! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! I'm glad you liked it. I really loved writing them, but life got cray. Definitely ready to bring em back with a vengeance though!

      We'll work on the photo thing together. little by little, we'll get there!

      ps your food posts are my fave.

      Delete