Wednesday, July 31, 2013

school + work + school + work

The calm before the storm. Stoop side chillin' via @in_sincerity instagram

School's started back up again, and I have a feeling this semester's going to kick my butt.  I'm not doing any classes on campus, which means I'm going to have to work extra hard to make sure I watch all the lectures and read everything on time, since I won't have a physical class to keep me on track.  To be honest, I'm pretty bummed out about it all.  I noticed this time around college doesn't feel like it used to. It's just not the same college experience that I had years ago at SF state...which should have been expected.  I'm so focused on working a full time job that my time on campus is really minimal.  Unless I have class, I'm not there, but with this semester I won't even be there at all. I guess that's what I signed up for though. Still, all I want is to go to class like a "normal" student and hang out on campus and join stuff! I literally have to divert my eyes during those club fair things, so I don't go off and join something I know I don't have time for. It sucks.

On the other hand, working this job full time has been a dream.  Everyone here is so easy going and understanding of my schedule.  The work load is manageable and the folks are great. So I really shouldn't have too much to complain about.  I guess it's all about balance.

Working full time and studying full time will be hard, but doable.  I just need to really focus. For the first time, I feel like my goals are attainable, and a little hard work and extra attention should be nothing in the grand scheme of things. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. i love that photo that miguel took of you! it looks really cool.

    that sucks you dont get to be on campus this semester, i know how much you like being involved. but i believe in you and i know you can do it! that's really neat about your job. i'm crossing my fingers really hard that my internship hires me at the end of the summer. i needs a job! also hey don't forget to message me your new address via fb!


    --leeds
    at this volume

    ReplyDelete