Monday, July 08, 2013

(the return of) Sydney Spotlight!


Jazz City Milk Bar, Palmer Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010

...and it's baaaacckkkkkk! It's been a while since I've done one of these, but I'm so happy to be back in the swing of things, and what better way to start Sydney Spotlight back up again then with one of my all time favorites, Jazz City Milk Bar.

Last week, with the Fourth of July fast approaching and patriotic images of backyard BBQs, overzealous flag-tastic outfits and red, white and blue everything filling up my news feed, I began to feel the familiar pangs of homesickness. So I acted quickly and made reservations to the best American restaurant in Sydney. That's right folks, the BEST. Miguel and I had been to Jazz City Diner a few times before, but I opted for newly opened Jazz City Milk Bar this time around. Holy yum this place was good.

Chicken & Waffles, $24
While the Diner focuses on BBQ staples like ribs, brisket and wings, the Milk Bar focuses more on burgers and sweets. Both places offer my all time favorite Chicken and Waffles, and what's more is I'm pretty certain it's the only place in the entire country I can get it.  I get it every.single.time I'm there, and I never regret it.

Backyard BBQ Beef Burger with Creole Fries, $18
Miguel always tries something new, and this time he got the Backyard BBQ Beef Burger. It was delicious and messy and everything he hoped his American Burger to be, and with a Sam Adams to wash it all down, this boy was in euphoric bliss.


Of course, we had to get a milkshake, and while I was in calorie overload, I took solace in the fact that at least I was sharing it with Miguel.  I definitely recommend asking for the classic half vanilla/half chocolate. They'll do it for you even if it's not on the menu.  Although they do have some crazier sounding stuff like coconut, peach or coffee that I'd love to try next time.  In the future, (after all this weight loss stuff!) I'm determined to try a slice of pie too. We overheard someone nearby saying it was the best pie of their life!!


So if you're after real authentic American food in the city, Chef Dan Mc Guirt has you covered. Both Jazz City Diner & Milk Bar are tops in my book.

**photos taken with a camera phone. I know, I know I'm workin' on it!

 Follow me on bloglovin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment