Tuesday, February 17, 2015

On Nostalgia

Have you ever caught yourself day dreaming about the past? 

I find that sometimes I get a twisted, knotty feeling in my belly when a certain song comes on or I catch a whiff of a certain smell or see a picture pop up online that I had forgotten existed. That one moment, a tiny little reminder of what once was, has the power to send me in a spiral of memories that will flood my brain for the rest of the day. 

I sometimes wonder if it's normal to feel so nostalgic all the time. 

I'm constantly thinking about things that happened in the past as perfect little moments in history. Yet as the moment was happening it didn't feel perfect.  That relationship, friendship, event wasn't the epitome of perfection at that time.  What is it about time passing that makes everything feel infinitely better than what it really was? I guess time has the power to erase all the bad and leave only the good, sweet little details. 

Is this a good thing? Who knows.  Tell me I'm not the only one sitting here battling with my nostalgia. Do you do this too? 

xo,
Praxis 


No comments:

Post a Comment