Monday, March 30, 2015

The Most Awesome Day Off

*Warning this post is a bit self-indulgent. Read on to see lots of photos of my face.* 

I'm one of the lucky ones who work for a company that believe in the coveted RDO or Registered Day Off.  It's a beautiful little perk to my job that allows me one day off a month in return for lessening my lunch from one hour to 40 minutes, which obviously is so worth it.

Normally I utilize my day to do those boring necessary life tasks like going to the doctors, but this time I wanted to have a no holds barred, perfectly Praxis day off. Here's what I did.


I started my day with a little reading session in the jacuzzi upstairs.  One of my favorite things to do lately, is spend the morning relaxing in the spa reading a good book. No one ever thinks to come up in the morning, so it's like the jacuzzi is all mine.  I'm currently reading Wild, and after a slow start, am starting to love it.



Then I decided to get my lazy butt moving and head over to the gym.  It was cool to go during the day and see how different the dynamic is from the night time when I normally go.  I really pushed myself on the treadmill this day and managed to run 4 kilometers in 30 minutes! It was the farthest I've ever run in that time.  I know I still have a long way to go to meet my goals, but I was really proud of myself to get that far. 


After that, my sweaty self checked out the new Mambo exhibition in our building. The artwork was crazy, outlandish and fun.  The brand has been around since the eighties and their latest project is a collaboration with DC comics. #poorbatman 


Nothing better than a delicious lunch after a workout. 


...and then after a few hours some whisky to put the calories right back on.

I was meeting Miguel and some friends for after work drinks, so I obviously had to pregame while getting ready. Tee Hee!


Then came the best part -- meeting up with friends, drinking copiously, eating pizza at Frankies, dancing to death metal and to Journey and taking extra happy faced snapchats to cement the occasion. 

It was the perfect day. 

May God bless the human who invented the RDO. 

xo,

Praxis  





No comments:

Post a Comment