Thursday, May 21, 2015

Vegan Week 1.5 -- Struggle Street.

So the other day I posted about going vegan to lose some weight.  I had just finished up a week of veggie only meals and was feeling fabulous! It was all rainbows and sunshine and veggie patches!

...today not so much.

I'm struggling you guys -- big time -- and I don't know whether it's all in my head or if my body is actually weak.

At first I thought maybe my body is lacking in iron. I used to eat a lot of red meat, so it was a pretty easy assumption to make. But then I found out that spinach, whole grains, tofu and beans all contain iron, which are foods I've been eating plenty of all week!

Then I thought maybe it's the lack of sugar in my diet? But I've been having stevia in my coffee and breakfast yogurt every morning.  Full disclosure -- greek yogurt isn't vegan. I've been having it for brekkie every morning. I forgot to mention that caveat in my last post! woops.

Or could it be that maybe I'm just feeling sleepy and I need a little caffeine to pep me up? Nope, drank some green tea and even had a coffee and both did absolutely nothing for me.

I'm at a loss you guys. I have no idea why I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of lala land today.

Fingers crossed it goes away soon.

xo,
Praxis

No comments:

Post a Comment